The Strategic Pricing Manager is key asset and responsibility for developing pricing & contracting strategies for the brand across all payer customer channels (e.g. managed care, Medicaid, Medicare, etc). In addition, executing on the deliverables that accompany pricing strategies, tactics and implementation.
Specific activities include the following:
- Develop list and net pricing recommendations, including contracting guidelines and preparation of business case documentation for Governance Committee review and approval.
- Conduct financial modeling of pricing scenarios incorporating market environment risks to assess the brand’s gross to net price strategy, including impacts to ASP and 5iAMP.
- Assess and model scenarios for impacts/risks/opportunities of proposed government legislation, payer and environmental changes.
- Forecast and monitor ASP and 5iAMP, incorporating impacts of pricing and contracting actions.
- Act as business lead responsible for projecting and monitoring payer mix and aggregate discount levels by channel.
- Develop multiple financial models to support the detailed gross to net short-term forecast build and long-range forecast, including pricing model upkeep and improvement.
- Maintain pricing intelligence including environmental trends and knowledge of pricing and market access requirements across customer segments.
- Identify and anticipate key trends and assess opportunities and risks for pricing strategy development.
- Lead launch activities related to price/payers; partnering with teams across company wide depts – Channel, State Price Transparency, Government Pricing, Contracting, Brand Team, Legal.
- Collaborate with Contract Operations team to provide input into contract development, administration, and performance
- Lead assessment of quarterly government pricing calculations and submissions, in partnership with corporate Government Pricing and Contract Operations
- Develop and execute presentation/training for payer field team related to pricing and create presentations for senior management meetings
- Support efforts involving investor relations requests, external and internal communication pricing requests
- BS degree, preferably in economics, accounting, finance or healthcare management
- 3 – 5+ years pharmaceutical experience or related healthcare experience to support strategic pricing, gross to net forecasting and other financial impact modeling
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, data manipulation, and data analysis
Additional qualifications desired but not required are:
- Demonstrated understanding of public and private payer contracting environment and the complex dynamics and challenges, with strong emphasis on price and reimbursement and interdependencies
- Knowledge of provider administered drugs and the different market conditions that affect successful delivery of these drugs to patients vs. drugs dispensed through retail pharmacies
- Familiarity with government price reporting calculations, including AMP (5i & RCP), BP, ASP, 340B, FCP and NFAMP
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, with a high level of initiative and a strong ability to act independently in leading evaluations and addressing business decisions related to pricing strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal influencing skills including written and verbal communication with a track record of building relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail; initiative, judgement and discretion while handling information
up to $175K+ plus 15-20% Annual Bonus + LTI options
Yes, full package