Worldwide specialty-driven pharma/biotech company with a direct commercial presence globally. A leader in specialty healthcare solutions for targeted debilitating diseases. Our therapeutics fields of expertise cover a multitude of franchises. Company produces and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. Company also has a significant presence in primary care. Our R&D is focused on its innovative and differentiated technological platforms.
The Senior Director, Strategic Market Access Management position is a key leader of the strategic account and market access organization that manages strategic relationships with partners across 8-10 marketplace channels to deliver and retain access for all the corporate brand products.
This person will operate as a critical member of the team and reports to the Vice President of the strategic management organization. This individual will lead shaping launch strategies for the field team as well as partnering to drive the fast-paced, high stakes negotiations for the specific account management teams through executive alignment.
This Sr Director will have these primary accountabilities in addition to leading the Strategy/Operations team:
1. Launch brand strategy: The company will execute multiple major launches/market events in 2018 as well as many more to come in 2019 and beyond in addition to minor launches of multiple new indications. Significant strategy work, prioritization, well-planned and optimally paced field training, and constant communication with brand leadership are required. This individual will be an instrumental strategy lead for multiple major launches. Insightful and creative marketing and strategy skills are required.
2. National Payer deal management: The Sr. Dir leads and shapes negotiations for the entire portfolio and a key driver for these payer deals. In this process, this individual will gain expertise in the payerspace, major business to business negotiations as well as a strong background in each franchise and the entire company portfolio.
3. Insights leadership: As payers gain more market power; as institutions wrestle with the shift to value in a dynamic policy environment, the organization needs more clarity on “what’s happening out there.” Similarly, our account leaders need to strengthen the corporate messaging for the portfolio, for our brands with narratives, strategies, materials and tools from the brands. This person will play a central role in transmitting information from the marketplace in; from inside out to market. This will involve close partnership with internal groups to ensure that the analytics are powering company narratives.
4. Leadership for Strategy/Operations team: They shape corporate communication to the field and are involved in all aspects of our field leadership, from brand priorities, access commitments, training, meeting strategy, sponsorship for Commercial Excellence/IT initiatives to drive field efficiency. This individual will shape this team’s efforts to maximize our field team’s effectiveness, efficiency and optimize communications to our brand partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA desired but not required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in diverse broad based commercial roles; Minimum of two (2) years of experience in at least one of the following: In-line Marketing, Strategic accounts, Sales, Institutional is required.
- Customer face-to-face experience and strong marketing skills required to be most effective.
- Strong leadership experiences, e.g. influencing without authority, managing a P&L, leading matrixes cross functional teams are essential fro success.
- Current or previous experience at the Senior Director level is required.
- Self-starter and agile thinker able to adapt in fast changing marketplace.
- Superior marketing and strategic thinking skills is desired.
- Ability to earn credibility and trust among field leaders as well as customers is required.
- Excellent executive presence – experienced in influencing customer executives and internal senior leaders is required.
- Up to 25% domestic travel.
$250K - $275K+ plus Annual Bonus + Long Term Incentives
KB - 9012