Design and execute independent research that support Regenerative Medicine projects. Implement new technology and new experimental designs. Propose new projects aligned with the overall strategy. Manage and prioritize projects within the portfolio. Implement and communicate tactics for achieving overall short, mid and long term project goals.
- Independently designs and performs scientific experiments with a predefined goal including developing new methodologies, protocols and or test procedures that contribute to core group/research goals and reflect expert knowledge; Direct and oversee experimental design and results of technicians and junior level scientists.
- Contributes to defining R&D team goals and collaborates with scientists within and outside functional area in achieving them; Assumes departmental responsibility for projects OR has ability to participate as representative on multiple project teams and contribute to defining expertise-related aspects of overall program goals.
- Prepares clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicate results in the form of reports and/ or presentations; Deliver updates to senior level management in context of overall project goals.
- Demonstrates an expertise in a specific project-relevant area OR technology; Provide guidance and expertise to advance specific projects OR evaluate and propose new technologies and concepts in support of multiple projects.
- Develops broad knowledge in field of expertise, including the ability to interpret current literature relevant to R&D projects, and visibility outside of functional area.
- Responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff.
- Complies with all applicable regulations; Ensures that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Contributes to departmental administration; Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technology, external collaborations, and travel.
- PhD degree; or equivalent, with multiple years of experience in a related field or equivalent in pharma/biotech industry.
- Track record in project leadership in space of regenerative medicine.
- Proven track record demonstrating strong knowledge in stem cell in vitro assays.
- Extensive project leadership and supervisory management desired.
up to $160K+ plus Annual Bonus + Long Term Incentives
New Jersey/NY/CT Area
Yes, full package