Clinical pharmaceutical/biotech company with exceptional growth technology in treatment of solid tumors. Company is successfully building a portfolio of therapies addressing a wide range of tumors by combining the qualities of its T cell platform with complementary technologies.
Company thrives on teamwork and collaboration, and we encourage our employees to innovate and contribute. Mission is to cure cancers and save lives with our innovative and widely accessible immunotherapies.
- Responsible for proposing business development strategies and functional plans for the Company to ensure business development frameworks incorporate the broader strategic considerations as agreed with the senior management team.
- Will work directly with Chief Business Officer to help develop and shape overall business development strategy.
- Drives building relationships with external parties to increase awareness of business development opportunities, including ensuring a presence at all major partnering and scientific meetings.
- Leads the screening, identification, and business evaluation of potential in and out licensing opportunities, product acquisitions, alliances, and commercial constructs which will complement company long-term strategy.
- Leads evaluation of Business Development opportunities through data integration, summarizing scientific, clinical, financial, and market information.
- Develops the business case and overall assessment of the opportunity including the financial model with other functions (finance, legal and tax).
- Develop proposals for structuring and negotiating deals (defines the negotiation strategy in regard to the partner) in consultation with senior management team.
- Ensure that all documentation for transactions is of the highest quality and is reviewed and approved by the senior management team.
- Facilitates timely and fact-based decision making to ensure that market opportunities are realized.
- Provides input and expertise on all business development activities, including significant commercial transactional matters, such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic alliances.
- Liaison with teams of internal and external experts to evaluate product opportunities, including in-house and external scientific, clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, financial, legal, IP experts.
- Lead and organize full due diligence, including commercial, R&D, and input from non-R&D functions, if required, e.g. IP, Legal.
- Prepare due diligence reports and risk/opportunity assessment.
- Works closely with the commercial, R&D, manufacturing, legal, etc to ensure deal construct leads to seamless execution factoring in where necessary transitional services, etc.
- Degree in Science or Business; Masters and/or PhD preferred.
- Strong scientific background and experience working in a research/scientific environment.
- Strong and established network in the US Business Development community, including pharmaceutical companies, biotech, research institutions and venture capital; preference for those established within oncology.
- 8+ years of work experience in pharmaceutical and biotech companies with a minimum 3+ years in a Business Development role
- Experience in leading and collaboration with global cross-functional teams remotely with strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proven deal sheet and alliance management.
- Strong knowledge in the areas of oncology, novel cell therapies and immunotherapy products.
- Strategy Development – Proficient in developing business strategies and communicating and ensuring its implementation.
- Understanding and commitment to teamwork; proven ability to work effectively remotely.
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to persuade/influence and effectively gain agreement; resourceful and creative problem-solving skills.
- Networking and persuasion skills to build and maintain relationships – both internal and external.
- Communication – use communication techniques (oral or written) at a high level, in a broad range of non-routine situations and to a variety of audiences, taking into consideration their motivation, needs and behaviors.
- Willingness to travel in US and EU (up to 50% time), travel to company headquarters 3 to 4 times per year.
$190K - $230K+ plus 25%+ Annual Bonus + Equity Incentives
CT/NY/New Jersey/PA Area
No, not at this time.
NJ - 934