Small emerging, successful global pharma company specializing in the new clinical development, and commercialization of treatments for a variety of conditions affecting the health and well being of people and their lives.
This rapidly growing pharma is searching for an individual who has leadership qualities along with hands-on capabilities to lead and deploy an Insights/market research department. This person is engaging, creative, resourceful, and confident for this important role in the design, execution and interpretation of market research studies and the analysis of primary and secondary market data for performance measurement and market understanding purposes.
- Consultative role in the prioritization, management and execution of primary research and competitive intelligence projects.
- Work proactively with marketing, market access, as well as cross-functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify the information currently available, define gaps and articulate proposed methodologies, and deliver on these requirements.
- Leverage primary market research (quant/qual) and competitive intelligence using appropriate analytical methods and techniques.
- Develop and define Key Performance Indicators.
- Synergize with Global team on cross regional strategic studies and initiatives.
- Present detailed quantitative analysis, qualitative insights and competitive intelligence to brand managers and senior leadership, as needed, in a manner easily interpreted and aids strategic and tactical decision making.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to measure representative effectiveness through voice of customer research.
- Contribute scenarios and business cases that identify new opportunities for US Commercial during annual situation assessment.
- Work with the brand managers to identify market research needs and assist incorporating into the Market Research and Competitive Intelligence planning.
- Evaluate and identify new vendors and methodologies to make sure the research is cost effective and provides optimal results.
- Partner with cross functional teams and act as a market intelligence lead for providing strategic insights, and staying abreast of commercial issues.
- Ensure all relevant information from other functions is integrated into analyses and insights.
- Responsible for providing insights regarding trials and launch timeliness of competitors; represent the Commercial Insights team at industry conferences.
- BA or BS degree required (prefer Math, Economics, etc); MBA desired
- 7+ years related experience in marketing sciences, market research, competitive intelligence
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology market research experience across the core market research disciplines, including design and analysis of primary market research, secondary data analysis, vendor partner management, and direct oversight of project financials required.
- Diverse experience conducting research among healthcare professionals, patients, consumers, caregivers, payers, as well as stakeholder audiences in a healthcare, pharmaceutical, and/or biotechnology.
- Experience with pre-launch, launch, post-launch highly desired.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, IMS, and syndicated database like Optum, Symphony is required.
- Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strength and weaknesses.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders, and to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player, attention to detail having a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
up to $185K+ plus Annual Bonus + Stk Options Incentive
Washington DC/MD/VA area
Yes, full package
OT - 401