Global specialty-driven pharmaceutical/biotech company, focused on innovation and specialty care. Commitment to develop cures for difficult-to-treat diseases across oncology and other therapeutic franchise products.
Our employees are the driving force behind our corporate mission. Company offer a wealth of fulfilling challenges and growth opportunities through unique leadership and training programs. Employees work alongside industry leaders and contribute within a fast-moving and truly game-changing global organization, recognized for its talent and patient solutions.
The Senior Director, Forecasting & Analytics will oversee all forecasting initiatives across US/Canada franchises. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Business Operations, the Forecasting Lead will be responsible for developing a robust forecasting capability to ensure internal and external alignment on business expectations..
The Forecasting Lead will also support North America business development by being an active partner in the creation of asset valuation and projection models. Technical models will leverage net present value and discounted cash flow frameworks to support potential acquisitions and licensing opportunities. The ability to oversee and engage in the development of sophisticated financial models will be an important aspect of the Forecasting Lead role.
Additionally, will seek out and identify opportunities for standardization, simplification, and continuous process improvements while overseeing the measurement and tracking of key business drivers. Working alongside senior executives, the individual in this role will liaise with key stakeholders in marketing and value & access to ensure cross-functional alignment on forecasting assumptions and inputs.
- Work alongside Leadership team to develop accurate forecasts that will inform company national strategy as well as corporate global investor relations communication cadence.
- Develop sophisticated short-term and long-term sales unit forecasts for in-line and pipeline products while working closely with the finance team to take into consideration supply chain inventory changes and non-demand related adjustments to unit forecasts.
- Contribute to the creation of a global organization of excellence for financial planning by providing thought leadership with respect to forecasting.
- Ensure communication and alignment with Finance colleagues and Business Operations stakeholders as well as other cross-functional executives and colleagues.
- Support efforts to proactively identify new data sources that will enhance decision making and increase forecast accuracy; incorporate the latest “actuals” from product- or patient-level data as it becomes available.
- Work closely with franchise teams and other cross-functional stakeholders to incorporate latest thinking on forecast assumptions, such as launch timing, patent expiry, and competitive entry.
- Conduct/lead the analysis of secondary market data and ensure actionable interpretation and presentation of insights on a timely basis for strategic and tactical decisions, potentially on an ad-hoc basis.
- Deliver effective presentations of key findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to prioritize new insights and analytics requests, provide feedback on vendor performance, and review data quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of corporate U.S. staff.
- BS degree in Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or Quantitative Field required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience required, including 8+ years of forecasting and / or FP&A experience with increasing levels of responsibility and team leadership.
- 10+ years of work experience in pharmaceutical industry required, including high exposure to US pharmaceutical market dynamics and supply chain (i.e., manufacturers, wholesalers, and payers).
- Strong people management and team development skills.
- Effective analytical thinking with the ability to present key findings and develop reports as well as translate the results of statistical analyses into concise business recommendations.
- Expertise in quantitative modeling methods and forecasting techniques (patient-based, Rx-based and trend-based forecasting models).
- Proven experience in the application and use of analytical principles, methodologies and statistics used to develop advanced forecasts (e.g. statistical significance testing, confidence intervals, sampling, regression analysis, etc.).
up to $280K+ plus 25% Annual Bonus + LTI
Greater Boston Area
Yes, full package
WL - 1568