Innovative Global Oncology Biotech company seeking a marketing individual responsible for optimizing sales and profits for company pharmaceutical portfolio. Develop and execute product strategy around current in line products for the commercial business. This position will interact with all dept and peer levels of the company and take a leadership and ownership position for achieving sales forecasts and managing activities to meet/exceed goals.
Responsible for providing the link to connect Business Strategy & Needs into Operational Excellence & pull through via technical, analytical, and operational know how. Leverage existing business intelligence and CRM tools (i.e. Veeva CRM, QLIK, Siebel, etc.) and solutions to implement system changes, while providing ongoing customer and system administrative support and interface with our Sales and Marketing team members.
This position will play a strategic and tactical role as the primary oversight of all third-party systems related subcontractors; and will engage with various user groups to gather requirements, design solutions, implement and maintain the various solutions at maximum efficiency. Deliver within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost, as well as complete Automation solutions across functional teams. Also be responsible for supporting the CRM and Sales training, as well as customer utility of the application.
Primary focus of the role is to lead the development, delivery, administration, and continuous enhancement of key strategic resources, services, and processes for the commercial organization to operate in an effective, efficient and compliant manner. Ensure all programs, processes and resources within Commercial Operations remain compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Co-development of Commercial Operations execution strategy inclusive of resourcing, system utility, and end-user applicability to ensure key reporting dynamics & metrics are in place for internal & external users. Identify initial business case requirements & other pre-project activities (e.g., high-level requirements, project scope, objectives, etc.). Maintain industry & application delivery knowledge, objectively understand and evaluate the capabilities of tools and technologies relative to internal needs to recommend potential solutions to close critical gaps. Understand key pharmaceutical data sources structures to produce insights and manage relationships with multiple data business partners. Proactively identify opportunities for new services, and continuously enhance the efficiency/effectiveness of all service offerings.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to provide high quality and detailed requirements ensuring the closest involvement with, and agreement from the customer and project leadership team. Develop and maintain efficient reference documentation, including SOPs, process flow maps, audit-ready archives, and training resources. Deliver results within areas of commercial operations.
- Implement business requirements in the Veeva CRM platform and other parallel or downstream tools or reporting environments; as well as document, manage and implement system change requests via subcontractors and/or internal resources. Partner with third party in development of Veeva CRM. Manage internal and external resources engaged in the development and support of Commercial Operations activities and systems to ensure prioritization with overarching Commercial and Business Strategies.
- Forecasting/partner in development of incentive compensation plans. Align brand strategies with the call planning creation of tailored call plans. Provide overall tactics and approaches to ensure that the field forces have a balanced workload. Develop methodologies to provide inclusive segmentation and targeting approaches.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Compliance teams. Provide regular feedback to Sales leadership on all sales and marketing initiatives to measure impacts and optimize effectiveness. Attend brand and sales management meetings as a valued partner. Drive internal discussions with IT partners to build systems, as necessary. Assist in the development of operational communication, ensuring simplicity and clarity of messaging.
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline required (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, Math, and Economics). Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical company/consulting relevant to the position responsibilities.
- Prior experience and knowledge of CRM and Business Intelligence application tools and support.
- Solid conceptual thinking – ability to analyze large amounts of information, extract insights, and prepare project plans to provide strategic solutions.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities including ability to work with complex plans and design solutions to address critical needs.
- Demonstrated development understanding in SFDC, Veeva, or other CRM systems; SFDC and Veeva Certified Administrator (Preferred); Minimum 2 years’ experience with data mapping, migration, and cleansing (Preferred)
- Strong collaboration and teamwork needed to partner with peers on interdepartmental initiatives
- Ability to simplify complex situations into executive summary communications
- Experience in building and enhancing operational capability
- Demonstrated leadership focused on planning and driving results
- Field sales/sales management experience preferred
- Advanced interpersonal and communications skills
up to $160K+ plus Annual Bonus + Stock Incentives
Washington DC/MD/VA Area
KM - 298