Global commercial stage oncology-focused biotech company dedicated to improving treatment and clinical outcomes for patients through therapeutic antibodies that harness the immune system to fight cancer. Company’s broad pipeline of antibodies includes several potentially first-in-class clinical and preclinical candidates in cancers with high unmet medical need in a diversified proprietary portfolio and major alliances with leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Preparation of budget and forecasts for the US operations according to the instructions sent by Group Finance.
- Analysis of the variances between actuals and budget.
- Overseeing commercial decision making from tender analysis, margin analysis, pricing analysis, etc.
- Managing and tracking budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information.
- Supervision and management of the activity performed by the Accounting team.
- Identification and calculation of the adjustments from US GAAP to IFRS GAAP.
- Preparation of the reporting package on a quarterly basis to Corporate headquarters in EU (IFRS GAAP).
- Management of the tax topics within the US Affiliate.
- Control of the correct implementation of the procedures defined by Group Finance in a SOX environment, identification of issues and proposals for improvements, whilst developing/ refining processes to achieve better business outcomes.
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Management of cash in the respect of the policy, cash forecasts.
- Procurement: identification and selection of suppliers, management of the litigations, collaboration with Group Procurement.
- Intragroup flows: calculation of the US to Group invoices, control of the Group invoices.
- Information system: supervision of the global tools (mainly ERP) and management of the potential local tools.
- Conducting risk management to ensure the US business has a solid risk framework in place.
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to the Leadership Team.
- Recruitment, training, mentoring and development of staff.
- Ensure adherence to all US regulations, such as ensuring all US government reporting requirements are met, including as all statutory filing and submissions such as transparency reporting requirements and pricing reporting requirements.
- 12+ years experience in a financial position with a proven record of success; 3+ years in managerial position.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Prior experience building a finance function within a start-up or newly formed entity
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role.
- Working in US & Global teams, ideally in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Working on commercial products and managing sales.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software.
- Experience in working in a SOX environment.
- Experience of working with ERP.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
up to $270K + 20-25% Annual Bonus + Stock Incentives
Washington, DC/MD/VA Area
TP - 643