A successful engineering and science services consulting firm based in the Upstate SC area seeks uniquely qualified individual to join the Executive Leadership team of this fast-growing company in a multifaceted role reporting directly to the company President.
The firm employs professional, technical, and administrative personnel. The company provides a full range of benefits, including a 401(k)-retirement plan with employer match and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The firm is committed to functioning as a healthy organization as described by Patrick Lencioni in The Advantage.
This role requires excellent organizational and communication skills performed with a high degree of emotional intelligence. Clarity in the communication of roles has become increasingly important for successful growth of a staff with complex individual responsibilities. The Director, Human Resources must be capable of realizing — and differentiating between — when the organization should be challenged and when it should be nurtured. The Director must be adept at developing appropriate and timely action plans in response to such realizations.
The firm requires recruitment and development of talented professionals and technicians. Their current level of project activity provides ample time for on-the-job training but leaves inadequate time for deliberate mentoring and career development. The Director, Human Resources must work with the management team and front-line supervisors to correct this situation.
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function including the tactical responsibilities as well as influencing and implementing strategic and functional requirements for continued growth and expansion as approved by executive leadership team. This position is responsible for accurate administration of the employment relationship, including compensation, benefits, and employment administration.
- Conducts annually reviews and makes recommendations to the executive leadership team for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Collaboration with technical vice presidents, financial managers, and sales leaders is imperative.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage/salary and benefits program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO and/or Leadership team, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel issues.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development and training for the organization.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
- Hires and supervises new and existing personnel of the human resource department.
- Participates on committees and special projects as necessary and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Business Acumen.
- Tactical and Conceptual Strategic Mindset.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- BA/BS degree. Masters degree and/or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credentials desired.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in human resources and executive management; Minimum of two (2) years of experience in multiple professional service industries.
- Customer face-to-face experience; adaptability, and strong interpersonal communication skills required to be most effective.
- Strong leadership experiences, e.g. influencing without authority, managing a P&L, leading matrixes cross functional teams are essential for success.
- Current or previous experience at the Director level is required.
- Self-starter and agile thinker able to adapt in fast changing services and consultative marketplace with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Superior supervisory and strategic thinking skills desired.
- Ability to earn credibility and trust among Leadership team and dept leaders as well as customers is required.
- Excellent executive presence – experienced in influencing customer executives and internal senior leaders is required.
- Up to 15% domestic travel.
$110,000 - $130,000 plus Annual Bonus + Incentives
Upstate of South Carolina
No, not at this time.
UJ - 1299