Prominent leader in the pharma/biotech industries with an extended pipeline and extensive product success in various therapeutic categories.Selected individual discovers, designs, executes, analyzes, and presents findings of market research studies that assess marketplace and stakeholder dynamics and needs, as well as opportunities for company to deliver valuable products and services to its customers. Must have broad understanding of secondary and syndicated data assets and their application to market research activities.
Also, required to develop a solid knowledge of therapeutic disease segments, as well as the broader biologics marketplace, by monitoring the competitive environment, assessing performance, potential opportunities, and integrating insights across studies to support sound planning and execution.
- Working with key stakeholders, plays a key role in development and execution of market research plan supporting key therapeutic franchise.
- Manages primary market research studies, including project objective, design, vendor selection and oversight, monitoring of data collection, data analysis and interpretation across both the HCP and Patient Audiences.
- Develops relevant and compelling presentation of market research insights for key stakeholders, including brand leadership and senior management.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the competitive environment, including market penetration, market potential and future trends and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Working with diverse counterparts (Sales Analytics, Forecasting, Commercial Learning and Development, Managed Markets/Market Access, Brand Marketing Team), develops insights and recommendations that drive key strategic and tactical decisions.
- Strategic thinker in market research in developing commercial strategy in support of both in-line products and product launch. Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward.
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research across multiple customer groups, including but not limited to physicians, patients, allied health care professionals, pharmacists, and patient/consumer advocacy groups.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and drive focused approach to meet key project objectives.
- Strong vendor management skills and ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills with ability to lead, interact with, influence others, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with strong oral and written communication.
- Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IMS, SHA, and Ipsos Chart Audits, etc.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadline as well as strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Outside travel up to 20%.
- BS degree in Science, Math, Economics preferred; MS, MBA, PhD degree desired and welcomed.
- 8 – 10+ years of Pharmaceutical/biotechnology and market research experience across the core market research disciplines, including design and analysis of primary (quantitative and qualitative) market research, secondary data analysis, vendor partner management, and direct oversight of project financials required.
- Experience tracking Key Performance Indicators/ROI for DTP/DTC tactics across multiple channels, including television advertising.
$170K - $195K + 20% Annual Bonus + 40-50% LTI (Long Term Incentive - RSU)
Northern CA Area
Yes, full package
PG - 4501